Canadian Medical Association (CMA) services
As an Alberta Medical Association (AMA) member, you're entitled to many CMA services such as:
- Advocacy initiatives.
- Services to protect your health.
- Tools for practice help and professional development.
- The CMA online community.
- The Canadian Medical Foundation.
One of the CMA's key functions is to advocate on behalf of Canadian physicians and the public about topical health care issues.
Some current advocacy issues include:
- health care transformation
- physician assistants
- medical isotopes
- member outreach program
- the National Physician Survey
- wait times and benchmarks
Physician Health Services
The CMA Centre for Physician Health and Well-being offers leadership, education and research to keep Canadian physicians healthy:
Access resources at ePhysicianHealth.com >>
Tools for physicians
Physicians face an increasingly complex professional and ethical environment – and a public making more demands than ever before on physicians’ time and resources.
The CMA’s suite of tools for practicing physicians gives you practical guidelines on a wide range of issues you will face in your practice:
Visit the CMA Member Centre, Practicing Physicians >>
Find about CMA’s Leadership and Professional Development >>
The CMA publishes a range of scientific and professional articles, books and supplements for Canadian physicians and other medical professionals:
- Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ)
- CMA Bulletin
- MD Lounge
- Specialty medical journals
Stay connected with the CMA
Learn more about how you can stay connected with the CMA by:
- Joining an online physician community.
- Joining the MD-MP contact program or CMA's other advocacy initiatives.
- Developing leadership training skills.
- Volunteering for a task force, committee or working group.
- Inviting the CMA to your event.
Canadian Medical Foundation (CMF)
The CMF promotes philanthropy in three areas:
- medical education
- medical outreach
- physician health and well being
In addition, the CMF also gives physicians the chance to build their own unique giving program and to establish a charitable legacy:
Contact the CMF >>
The CMA offers exclusive rates on services to its members. As a benefit of CMA membership, TELUS is offers:
- Exclusive rate plans with competitive pricing;
- The latest and greatest devices;
- Access to Canada’s largest 4G mobile LTE network