Call for applications: AMA committees
December 16, 2016
The AMA is seeking representatives for the following three committees:
1) Reconciliation Committee: One or two open positions
The Reconciliation Committee (RC) is a joint AH/AHS/AMA committee which is responsible for:
- Tracking utilization within the physician services budget, providing analytics, reporting trend information, identifying priorities and providing evidence and data on issues that need to be considered as appropriate to support decision making for reconciliation at Management Committee (MC).
- Responding to requests for analytics and trend information from and report to the MC as related to the AMA Agreement.
- Monitoring Actual Expenditures against Available Amounts.
- Making recommendations to the MC for the purpose of calculating the 2016/17 and 2017/18 Reconciliation Gaps.
Please review the Reconciliation Committee description document and submit (maximum two pages) your interests and qualifications as described in the position description document, by January 15, 2017 to Cindy Trueman. Please do not submit CVs.
2) Peer Review Committee: Four open positions
The purpose of the Peer Review Committee (PRC) is to:
- Develop mechanisms for reviewing clinical appropriateness of Physician claims for Benefits and best billing practices.
- Re-instate publication/distribution of non-identifying Physician billing profiles.
- Assist in distributing targeted billing education to members. Analyzing patterns of billing to identify cases which are statistically outside of the norm.
- Educate physicians on appropriate patterns of practice and billing.
- Work with AMA sections and committees to define and clarify appropriate billing practices.
Please review the Peer Review Committee description document and submit (maximum two pages) your interests and qualifications as described in the position description document, by January 15, 2017 to Cindy Trueman. Please do not submit CVs.
3) Physician Compensation Committee: One Specialist Position available
The Physician Compensation Committee (PCC) is a joint AH/AHS/AMA committee which takes general direction from and reports to the Management Committee. However, the PCC has independent decision making/recommendation power and its decisions/recommendations are not subject to an appeal to the Management Committee.
The PCC is responsible for operating and dealing with matters of physician compensation, plans and programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the allocation process for changes in rates under the SOMB.
- Reviewing and managing the distribution of funding among Insured Medical Services, plans and programs.
- Reviewing and potentially adjusting selected rates for medically Insured Medical Services and ARP rates, including those for the clinical medical services component of AARPs.
- Reviewing and determining prices for the Rural Remote Northern Program, Physician On Call and the Business Cost Programs.
PCC Initiatives that will likely occur in the near future include
- A review and upgrade of the Physician Business Costs Model (including overhead).
- Implementation of a Standardized Intrasectional Relative Value (SINRV).
- Considering new mechanisms that address inter-sectional relativity
- A fee review of outlier codes
- Developing / implementing allocation
Please review the Physician Compensation Committee description document and submit (maximum two pages) your interests and qualifications as described in the position description document, by January 15, 2017 to Cindy Trueman. Please do not submit CVs.