Innovation in the delivery of primary care
The AMA supports the promotion of the Patient’s Medical Home as a way to enable the best possible outcomes for each patient, the practice population and the community being served. Physicians have an opportunity to improve quality of care and the patient experience through initiatives designed to support the model of the Patient’s Medical Home.
About the Patient's Medical Home
- AMA’s definition of the Patient’s Medical Home
- Patient’s medical home in Alberta
- Patient’s medical home in Canada
The AMA is making the Patient’s Medical Home a reality in Alberta though several initiatives:
PCN Evolution is laying the groundwork for every Albertan to have a medical or health "home" anchored by a physician with the support of a broader health care team for improved access, increased services and ultimately better care.
What else will you find here?
- Primary Medical Care/Primary Care Networks Consultation Agreement
- Primary care leaders and partners (PCA, PCN Physician Leads, SGP, SRM)
- Primary Care Networks Program Management Office (PMO)