Awards, scholarships, bursaries and grants
The Alberta Medical Association (AMA) believes in putting Patients First®.
Awards and scholarships are just one of the ways we work to fulfill that mission by:
- Contributing to new physicians in the health care system through scholarships and bursaries that help to defray the high costs of medical education.
- Contributing to the sustainability of Alberta’s health care system through a scholarship for physicians seeking additional training in a clinical area of recognized need.
- Promoting development of the physician's role as an advocate for healthy populations through a grant for physicians-in-training.
- Recognizing physicians and others who have made significant contributions to medicine or to our health care system.
In this section, you will learn about awards and scholarships and read about previous winners, and be able to apply/nominate someone for:
Scholarships, bursaries and grants
- AMA Medical Student Bursary
- TD Insurance Meloche Monnex/AMA Scholarship
- Dr. Michael Tarrant Scholarship
- ADIUM Student Elective Travel Grant
- Primary Care Leadership Bursary
- Emerging Leaders in Health Promotion Grant Program
- AMF Margaret Hutton History of Medicine and Health Care Student Research Grants
- Medal of Honour
- Medal of Service
- May Cohen Award for Women Mentors
- Sir Charles Tupper Award for Political Action
- F.N.G. Starr Award
- Award for Excellence in Health Promotion
- Award for Young Leaders (Student, Resident and Early Career Physician categories)
- Dr. William Marsden Award in Medical Ethics
- Physician Misericordia Award
- Medical Student and Resident Award for Political Action
- John McCrae Memorial Medal